Starting a business?
Procedures of establishing business in Ajman:
These procedures are very similar in any other emirate.
MAKATEB is a group of business centers that is owned and managed by Ajman Holding. We offer a full range of serviced offices, tailored to any arrangement required. We understand Clients have different needs to fulfill – this is a challenge we are ready to meet.
And one of these challenges that Makateb can help business owners is to formalize and handle the licensing of their businesses. We have an unmatched reputation for quality and provides a professional service for all your individual or corporate needs. For more information please visit www.makatebgcc.com or call +971 6 711 6700.
This guideline summarizes the basic procedures with which a business can be established in Ajman, whether industrial or professional.
Conditions and Requirements:
- Licensee must be eligible and qualified according to the law pertaining to trading licenses.
- Apply to the municipality to obtain the necessary application forms and make sure you complete all that is required for the business or the license.
- The place of business is to be set up in an industrial or commercial location based on municipality approval.
- Payment of applicable fees.
- Some activities require an approval from certain official authorities according to the federal laws as per the following list :
Document Required for Approval:
- Passport photocopy
- Leasing contract or copy of the location ownership.
- Schematic drawing of the business location.
|Ministry of Education||Private Schools, Kindergartens, Educational Institutions, Gymnasiums|
|Ministry of Justice, Islamic Affairs & Awqaf||Organizing Hajj and Omrah Campaigns, Quran Recital Centers, Law Firms|
|Ministry of Agriculture & Fisheries||Plant Nurseries, Farms, Cattle & Bird Trading , Fish Trading, Seeds & Fertilizers Trading|
|Ministry of Labor & Social Affairs||Babysitting Services, Labor Services|
|Ministry of Finance & Industry||All Industrial Licenses|
|Ministry of Health||Hospitals, Private Clinics & Practices, Medical Laboratories, Pharmacies|
|Ministry of Economy||Accounts Auditing, Foreign Companies Branches|
|Ministry of Information & Culture||Advertising & Publicity Office, Drawing & Scripting, Organizing Event &shows, Computer Trading, Digital TV & Cable Services|
|Central Bank||Banks, Money Exchange & Transfer, Financial Consultancies.|
- Submit the application form at the Customer Services Center in the municipality for initial approval.
- Follow up with the Inspection Unit in the municipality for inspection of the business location in real terms.
- Obtain the approval of the specialized departments inside the municipality if applicable.
- Check with the AJCC in the municipality on how to obtain the approval for the trade name and issuing of business register and membership certificate.
- In case of establishment a new company, submit attested copy of (content missing) along with all the necessary approvals, in addition to receipts from the ministry of trade as acceptance into the register of the companies.
- After all fees are paid, submit the application to the Customer Services Center in order to get the receipt.
- Receive license is on the following day.